August 27th is Date for 2016 OC Concussion Return to Learn Seminar
We are pleased to have the renown educator and speaker Brenda Eagen-Brown, MEd, CBIS return to the OC to review practical recommendations for post-concussion Return to Learn protocols and management.
We encourage school and district-based teams to bring Return to Learn protocols, success stories, and challenging cases to create an interactive opportunity for professional growth and collaboration.
Location: CHOC Childrens Hospital Wade Center (455 S. Main, Orange, CA 92868)
Date: Saturday, August 27th
Save the Date, Share with Colleagues and Stay Tuned for Cost, Times, and Registration Links
Objectives: Participants will have a firm understanding of:
1. Concussion impact on classroom performance
2. Strategies and accommodations to reduce student symptom severity
3. Collaborating with other interdisciplinary professionals (medical/rehab/athletic) for
optimum student concussion management
4. Why schools should identify professionals at the school building level to monitor
symptoms and academics through recovery
5. Identifying key barriers to treatment for minority or underrepresented populations.
(per American Academy of Pediatrics cultural diversity requirement)
Who would benefit from attending?
- Classroom Educators
- School Nurses
- Special Education Instructors
- School Psychologists
- Principals and Assistant Principals
- Guidance Counselors
- Speech and Language Therapy Specialists
- Athletic Trainers
- Community Pediatric Health Care Professionals
- Mental Health Specialists
- Physical Therapists
- Strongly recommend forming school-based teams to attend and maximize the learning experience